Friday, March 12, 2010

The Door Space

The Door Space will have these two pictures.




As I got older, I stopped playing Warcraft 2 and started playing Starcraft. This is what this portrait represents. Starcraft is also a strategy game made by the same company that made Warcraft 2. This portrait represents some marines running away from being attack by the Zerg (a bug like alien species). In the back ground you can see large ships and small planes. The larger ones are called Battlecruisers, while the smaller aircrafts are called Wraiths.



The picture of the green guy is from a video game called Warcraft 2. This game was a strategy war game that I would always use to play as a kid. He is a basic unit called a Grunt from the race known as Orcs. He was a melee unit that took a lot of damage before he died. His main weapon was an axe. For some reason, the grunts became my favorite unit. So, this is why I choose a picture of the grunt instead of something else from the game.



Perspective:

Going from bottom to top, it is a short timeline of the early years of my childhood. I put the pictures on the back of my door in the same order as you see them. Starcraft was the latest game I played and Warcraft is the earliest. I’d put this behind my door because these earlier experiences are not necessarily meant to be shared. I would share them if people ask, but generally they do not. It is generally in my room to remind me how I got started with strategy games. Also, it is just sort of my inner nerd showing himself.

My door is always open too, so it is rare that people who enter my room will ever see what is behind the door. If my door is closed no one can get in anyway, so these pictures would generally remain hidden. Also, no one ever really takes the time to look behind the door. The only time anyone ever looks behind the door is when it is closed or when they go to open it.

The door is also its own space because when people get up to look behind the door, the portraits are supposed to be the only two things they should see. They are not necessarily supposed to see the pictures from affair because it wouldn’t match the room or the other objects in the room.





To intro
To Desk
To Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment